Wikipedia Boycott Campaign
The purpose of the Wikipedia Boycott Campaign would be to call attention to the systemic issues plaguing Wikipedia as explained within the Criticism of Wikipedia article.
- All details about the possible campaign are all subject to change. Feel free to make recommendations, comments, etc on the talk page.
Possible slogans for the boycott could be
- Imagine a world without Wikipedia.
- Imagine a day when Wikipedia truly benefits society. That's our mission.
- Imagine Wikipedia living up to its ideals. That's our mission.
Aspects of the boycott could include
- Acknowledging that Wikipedia is an inherently flawed system that should be ended rather than amended.
- Acknowledging that Wikipedia can never become encyclopedic regardless of changes, recommendations, etc.
- Acknowledging that Wikipedia is based on false assumptions and ideals.
- Acknowledging that Wikipedia is a fake encyclopedia pretending to be legitimate and Wiqipedia is a fake encyclopedia that acknowledges it is fake
Consequently, the boycott could seek
- To refuse to participate in contributing to Wikipedia as well as encouraging others to do so.
- To actively discourage everyone from using Wikipedia as a research tool
- To encourage everyone to use legitimate sources for research.
- To encourage professional organizations to officially denounce Wikipedia as a research tool.
Participants could consist of
- Wikipedians as well as non-Wikipedians. Eventually, the boycott could consist primarily of non-Wikipedians.
- Wikipedia Boycott Campaign, Wikipedia Boycott, and Boycott Wikipedia Redirect To BoycottWikipedia on BluWiki.
You may cast your vote at the Wikipedia Boycott Voting page now.