- This resource is intended to document the history of the Holahan Family, especially relating to the Easter 1916 Rising, Irish War of Independence, Irish Civil War. Intended to be a family history to establish facts and discuss discrepancies. Not indended to give general information that can be found elsewhere. See#Other Links.
- Paddy Holahan, email: pholahan at gmail.com
How to use it
- This is designed to be added to and edited by anyone! It takes about 10 minutes to work out how to do it, but then it's very easy.
- To start, just click on the EDIT tab at the top of any page. Don't click on anything on the left hand side for a while! Skype me at paddyholahan if you need online help
See connection to Holahan family tree MyHeritage Family Tree
- Garry Holahan Garry Holohan
- Paddy Holahan, Hugh Holahan. Cousins of brothers Patrick ("Paddy") Holahan and Garry Holahan. Not much known about them except both were members of "B" company, 1st Batallion, Dublin Brigade under Capt. james Sullivan. In Easter rising, thir Company held railway bridges on N Circular Road and Cabra. The scattered during the rising and Hugh went to the GPO. Paddy (the cousin) went to Ashbourne to fight the RIC under Tom Ashe. Paddy got away at the surrender and was sent to America as a stow away on the SS Naragansett.
- The Holahan name is often misspelled as “Holohan” or even “Houlihan”
- Garry Holahan’s name is often used in the Irish (Uallachain) form “Gearoid O hUallachain”
Established by Paddy Holahan, email: pholahan at gmail.com