Main Page | Geography | History | Organizations | Deities and Demigods | Characters | Rules and Mechanics
|| This adventure needs to be recompiled from the Living ENWorld forum.|
Please review the adventure thread and make a summary and a list of important information.
|| This article has information that needs to be disseminated.|
Please copy the information from this article to the relevant Living ENWorld wiki pages.
The Island of Varras'zul (DM: Nimisgod, Judge: Manzanita)
This was set in an interesting adventure location, which was well-described.
- The Island of Varras'zul is about one week's sail west of Orussus.
- Varras'zul has a warm climate, with golden sand and rocks surrounding a densely vegetated interior.
- There is another island near Varras'zul where a ship may take shelter from foul weather.
- There are ruins on Varras'zul.
- From a map, it appears that the ruins are a 2 or 3-day march from the coast, with the first day in jungle and the second in marsh.
- The ruins on Varras'zul were once the tower of a wizard who studied the planes, then disappeared.
- Except for a recent expedition, no one has visited the ruins on Varras'zul for a century, although they were well-explored prior to that.
- The jungle of Varras'zul is unnaturally quiet.
- As quiet as Varras'zul is by day, it is noisy by night. There are many insects and there are stinging caterpillars in the trees.
- After a day and a night of marching through the jungle on the Island of Varras'zul, the jungle gives way to marsh.
- The marsh and ruins on Varrras'zul are covered with a thin but ominous mist.
- The ruins on Varras'zul include the base of a ruined tower with steps that lead down.
- The stairs leading down from the base of the ruined tower on Varras'zul are covered with a thin coating of very slippery moss.
- About 50 feet from the ruined tower on Varras'zul is a patch of deadly quicksand.
- Very unlike the nearby jungle, the marsh on Varras'zul is nearly devoidof plant life.
- The stairs leading down from the base of the tower in Varras'zul connect to a room 20 feet underground. It is flooded by 1 foot of water.
- Near the ruined tower on Varras'zul is an overhanging rock formation that provides some shelter against the elements.
- The room at the bottom of the stairs under the ruined tower at Varras'zul has a high ceiling, a treacherous floor, and an awful stench.
- The room at the bottom of the stairs under the ruined tower in Varras'zul has two doors. Both open into rooms that have water pouring into them. Another set of stairs leads down from this room, and water flows down the stairs.
- The first room two levels below the ruined tower on Varras'zul has a depression that drains the water rushing down the stairs. It also has six pillars holding up the ceiling, and a flagstone floor.
- The depression in the floor two levels down from the ruined tower on the island of Varras'zul is actually a blast crater from some long-ago combat.
- After the room with the crater under the ruins of Varras'zul is another room that is a mirror image of the crater room, only with a large crack in the middle of the room. The first doorway is in ruins and impassable.
- The large crack in he middle of the floor of the room two levels below the ruined tower on the island of Varras'zul ends at a set of stairs leading down.
- At the bottom of the stairs three levels down from the ruined tower of Varras'zul is a large chamber. A closed door is immediately to the left of the stairs, the ceiling is split by a large crack (that is the floor of the room above), a dark hemisphere lies in the middle of the room, and the northwestern corner is collapsed rubble.
- At the far end of the room from the stairs three levels under the ruined tower of Varras'zul lies a huge metal door.
- Beyond the small metal door 3 floors down is a modest library. Another secure door was at the opposite end of the "library", but it has been smashed.
- The northeast corner of the chamber 3 levels below the ruined tower of Varras'zul has a partially open stone door.
- Behind the stone door leading off from the chamber 3 levels below the ruined tower of Varras'zul lies a room filled with cages, some containing skeletons of creatures.
- Beyond the smashed metal door at the far end of the library 3 levels under the ruined tower of Varras'zul lies a small chamber with a pedestal.