Please remember to sign your comment with ~~~~ to insert your username and the timestamp
Thank You! For reverting those edits. --Cotillion 2:02 April 3, 2009 (CST)
- You're very welcome. Nathan (talk) 07:12, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Edits to policy
I dunno.... it's a boring day at my "own" wiki and I was just reading the rules... seeing what other wikis do helps me with my own. Purple Scissor 01:38, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
I saw that you banned/ blocked my user account at your bluwiki site.
I realize now that it is against policy to blank a page and move it
to a random name.
What i wanted to do is delete the pages I added, because I am becoming
aware now that my pages contain too much personal information.
I want to kindly request to you, to unblock my user account. So
that I can use the normal "delete" function of the contributions I did
Thanks in advance for your help!
ps. Thanks for hosting bluwiki!
- Not so much against policy, but it looks very suspicious. You have to admit, were you in my position, all these page moves would look fishy. Account unbanned. I'm not the one hosting BluWiki, Sam is. I only work here. Nathan (talk) 11:27, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Without external images
We are the users of http://dbnews.bluwiki.com . Since a few weeks ago we can't put external images on our pages and we don't see the format bar. Are something working on a unexpected fashion or external images are no longer supported?
Regards, point_to_null �The preceding unsigned comment was added by Point_to_null (talk � contribs) 03:45, 8 July 2009.
- When we upgraded the wiki, that was a feature that the MediaWiki developers removed (not us), probably because viruses can be embedded in images. You'll have to upload images now. Nathan (talk) 17:32, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
Old member leaving.
So yes, the user User:CyKairus left our project, that's why he was blanking his pages. Yes he owned them, yes, they need to be deleted. I'm sticking the delete template on them. Cheers! AlishaShatogi 18:44, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- Okay. Sounds good to me. Thanks for telling me. Nathan 19:14, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
Lots of spam/vandalism
I've been noticing a lot of vandalism lately, particularly on Sam's talk page. I've reverted it a few times already... so there's a heads up for you... Cheers. AlishaShatogi 01:27, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks but if I protected Sam's page - Sam is the boss around here (although we don't use that term) - protecting his talk page (even for anonymous IPs) would defeat the purpose of users being able to contact him. I know you mean well but that won't work in practice. Sorry. Nathan 05:40, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
Math functions and conditional statements
I posted this on the User Help/Questions page, but it doesn't look like that page is frequented often anymore (since there's still an unanswered question from August), so I figured I might get my questions answered faster by posting here. :p So...
Is there anyway to do math w/ a template? For example, if I have a variable, is there a way to divide it by 10 using said template?
Also, is there a link that explains how to do if-then-else statements? I've looked all over the place.
Xeowulf 18:57, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
- No, I have the page watched. I'm not being e-mailed with changes so I can't tell if it's been updated or not unless I visit periodically. There's a glitch somewhere in BluWiki's code. That's got nothing to do with me, sorry.
- Have you tried looking around at Wikipedia for help? Almost anything you can do there, you can do here too. I'm not sure on the answer but I'm sure they'd know. Sorry I can't help further. Nathan 21:29, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
- I'll take a look at why watched pages aren't sending out emails on changes. --Sam Odio 21:35, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
- Also, I'm not aware of any way to do math in a template. --Sam Odio 21:37, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
Hi thar! Someone has targeted Template:Ifeq, repeatedly filling it with spam... I've reverted it twice now. Protect it, pretty please! And probably the other templates used in the navbox template. AlishaShatogi 18:33, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
- OHAI. *checks page history, then almost dies a tragic death due to facepalming 1,000 times* Admin kitteh is not amused. *gets banhammer, proceeds to smite spammers, muttering obscenities* Banned all spammers, protected both templates, etc etc. Thanks for telling me. Nathan 18:55, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
- HOW'D that get through? o_O Thanks for the protect, but... what? Reverted again but Ali is a very very confused wikian... *chibi flails* AlishaShatogi 07:23, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know how spammers are breaking through the page protections. They really shouldn't. That's a known issue. There isn't much I can do about that. It confuses me too (and Sam & pretty much everyone). All I can do is protect pages. I'm really sorry :( I'll go bug Sam again... Nathan 08:39, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you, mister admin Nathan sir! :( and Sam too. I'm keeping an eye on everything I can in the meantime, on my project and that navbox. Good luck with the weirdness! AlishaShatogi 19:42, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
- Just "Nathan" is fine, thanks. :-) We'll get that weirdness sorted out somehow. Nathan 23:35, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
I can understand the need for captchas, but are they really necessary on logged-in accounts and, worse, EVERY time I edit a page? It's not the end of the world, but it can be very annoying when a captcha pops up after every edit, especially if I realize I missed something and have to edit the page again.
Xeowulf 00:26, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
- Hey. Whoa there. I can understand your frustration but please don't take it out on me. I didn't mess with the captchas. I'll pass this along, though. Nathan 06:33, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
- I posted this: "Uh-oh. It's worse than that. I think an Admin account has been hacked. Talk:Guestbook was just edited by an IP, yet I can't edit it while logged in, and it's 100% spam. I'm calling Odioworks. " here last week. Are there any admins still monitoring the wiki? It seems to be abandoned. --Elvey 16:00, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
- I'd appreciate it if you'd post your concerns one place only, please. Here or e-mail, one or the other. Page watching notifications are broken, which means I don't get notifications that someone edited the Help page unless I look & as it's the summer, sometimes I'm busy & don't look. And that's not the case at all, the wiki is glitchy & buggy & the owner knows it. By the way, OdioWorks no longer owns BluWiki. :p Thanks. Nathan 17:58, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
Serious hacking going on
Someone has really screwed up one of my bluwiki pages, so much so that I can even revert to an older version. http://www.bluwiki.com/go/Flight_of_the_Butterflies is the page I'm talking about, and I was told those links contain viruses. Is there any way to fix this and, more importantly, keeping this from ever happening again?
Xeowulf 21:48, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I can try to fix it but no, I can't prevent it from happening again because as it's been mentioned before, the semi-protect option doesn't work. :/ Nathan 05:54, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Page has been reverted. Nathan 05:57, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, that's too bad. Thanks for reverting it, anyway. Xeowulf 20:48, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
Once again, our project attempts to rise from its ashes, only to be covered in vandalism! User:Yvezasohyzo has been running rampant with some peculiar "page unavailable" vandalism... deal with please? :D AlishaShatogi 22:17, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- The page really doesn't exist. I can't do anything about it. Are you sure it's spelled right? Nathan 05:47, 30 November 2010 (UTC)