Major BlueWiki History Moments for Nerdvana
Notes about the history of Nerdvana on this site will be listed here.
Nerdvana started his BluWiki entries on 17 Mar 2006.
Nerdvana claimed Creation Et All on 18 Mar 2006.
Added a Questions Asked and Answered section to this page on 19 Mar 2006.
Expanded User entry to express more about myself as a person on 21 Mar 2006.
Upladed my first Image to BluWiki: Image:Exalted2ndEditionCover.jpg on 24 Mar 2006.
Restarted Creation Et All twice on 24 Mar 2006.
Added Image:Nerdvana-strip.jpg to my user page on 29 Mar 2006.
If you want Nerdvana's advice (or just his attention), post in this section please.
Replied on my talk. --Sam Odio 11:18, 18 March 2006 (EST)
- Thanks. I'm actually watching your talk right now so that I can catch your answers there. N 11:53, 18 Mar 2006 (EST)
Questions Asked and Answered
This section is for Nerdvana to use to track questions about BluWiki he has been involved in that are important enough for him to keep track of.
Questions Asked of Sam
These questions are typically asked on Sam's Talk page
Moving Content to the Official WW Wiki?
Hello there, Nerdvana. You might know me as dcs666 from the WW Forums, or as Democritus from the WW Wiki. I've took the task to reorganize and streamline the WW Wiki as my own and I've stumbled over your wiki pages about creation. There's a lot of wonderful information, that could be used to fill the blanks on the WW Wiki, with your permission of course. As you are using mediawiki as well, all it would need would be to copy and paste things over as appropriate - AND your permission.
- That's ok. Most of it is straight from the book though so it could be a copyright violation even here. --Nerdvana 20:02, 12 September 2006 (EDT)
TOC Setup (and Pictures at the top of page)
- Nerdvana, if you're talking about Fallen Empire's links and pictures at the top of the page, just copy the source code and paste in your wiki - I've singled out the source code you need here: User:Sam Odio/Content. You of course, would want to change the links / image.
- No, this isn't what I meant, but as I may want to do that could you leave that page up for now? --N
- If you're talking about the table of contents, or TOC, that is automatically generated based on your headings. If you want an example of how the headings are used to create the TOC, take a look at the source code I've written in the Sandbox. Hurry up though, because I'm sure others will play around with it. --Sam Odio 11:17, 18 March 2006 (EST)
- I figured it out. I don't have enough headings. Ok, thanks! --N, 12:07 18 Mar 2006 (EST)
Another Question: Delete page isn't available. I typoed on creating a page title (and a category title potentially). Should I just tell you about them so you can delete them or am I missing the link somewhere? --Nerdvana, 13:26 19 Mar 2006 (EST)
- See Template_talk:Pd for instructions on how to add your page to the "Pages to delete" category. --Sam Odio 14:16, 19 March 2006 (EST)
- So, why aren't pages that are in the "Pages to Delete" category not being deleted? --Nerdvana 20:48, 3 July 2006 (EDT)
User Created Templates
Just curious, Sam, if you would allow users to create templates for their own use. I think I can determine how to do this from Template_talk:Pd, just wanted to be sure that it was not disallowed. --Nerdvana 11:29, 24 March 2006 (EST)
- You definitely can create your own templates. Generally it's preferred if you create them in your own namespace, though (Like User:Sam_Odio/Top which appears on Sam Odio) --Sam Odio 11:55, 27 March 2006 (EST)
BluWiki Disambiguation Pages
Sam, I was curious if it would be a problem to create a disambiguation page or two. The best example I can think of is for the Roman Gods/Planets - both Fallen Empire and my Creation Et All have gods named after/based on the Roman Gods (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, Saturn). I would bet that Seanr451 would like those to come up on a search for the names as much as I would. I think I'd link to anything in our namespace and to the Wikipedia disambiguation page for the same word. What do you think? --Nerdvana 11:35, 28 March 2006 (EST)
- As of right now, the policy is to create a disambiguation page when two users are claiming the same name.
- Honestly, feel free to use the disambiguation pages a liberally as you wish, if you think they can help the end-user find the content he/she is looking for. --Sam Odio 20:43, 28 March 2006 (EST)